Everyone has heard the health benefits of nuts. Is there one that is superior to all others? Yes, almonds. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that when it comes to health benefits, badam might be competitive.
Almonds have a high fat content, just like many other nuts, but this is good. This is due to the abundance of beneficial monounsaturated fat in them. Research indicates that heart health benefits from monounsaturated fats, such as those in the Mediterranean diet.
Almonds are also regarded as a simple, go-to snack. Almonds can be used in many different ways, including whole almond milk, almond butter, and almond flour, which makes them a convenient and adaptable ingredient for any number of recipes.
In this blog, we will discuss a few benefits, badam prices in Pakistan, and easy turkey curry recipes as well.
Different Types And Prices Of Almonds
Following are the badam 1kg prices of different types in Pakistan:
|Types of Almonds
|Prices per kg
|Ranges between Pkr 3,200- 5,500
|Ranges between Pkr 2,500- 4,000
|Ranges between Pkr 2,500- 3,000
|Ranges between Pkr 1,400-1,600
|Ranges between Pkr 2000- 3000
|Ranges between Pkr 2,500- 4,000
What Are The Health Benefits Of Almonds?
Rich in fiber, protein, good fats, vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium, almonds are a great food. These nutrients are essential for the body’s ability to produce energy, grow cells, and support the immune system, among other processes.
This is why almonds are beneficial to your health:
Wholesome Fat Source
Almonds have more fat than other foods you may be accustomed to eating if you look at the nutrition label. Don’t let this scare you. Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are regarded as “healthy” fats, are abundant in almonds.
Why does this matter? Because they can increase your good cholesterol and decrease your bad cholesterol, these fats are beneficial to your heart. So, almonds are a handy snack option if you’re trying to control your cholesterol.
Minimal In Carbs
Almonds are also a good snack choice for diabetics or those on a low-carb diet because they contain a little less carbs than other nuts. Consuming the amount of fiber almonds contain is particularly crucial if you have Type 2 diabetes. Almond fiber lowers the likelihood of a blood sugar spike by stabilizing your blood sugar levels.
Abundant In Antioxidants
Antioxidants such as flavonoids and vitamin E can be found in abundance in almonds. These aid in shielding cells from oxidative stress and free radical damage. Eating roughly 60 grams (2.25 ounces) of almonds daily helped lower inflammation in the body, according to a 2022 meta-analysis. Vitamin E, an antioxidant that can help shield the brain from oxidative stress and inflammation, is particularly abundant in almonds.
Almonds Help To Maintain A Happy Smile
Almonds, being rich in minerals, help to maintain a healthy smile. They have phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium, all of which are necessary for strong, healthy bones and teeth.
Not only can almond consumption reduce the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures, but the delicious nuts also guard against dental decay.
Alkaline Foods Include Almonds.
Almonds are a great way to support your digestive system and balance a variety of hormones and substances in your body. Because they are alkaline, they also help lower your body’s pH level. Your immune system gets stronger, and your digestive system functions better when the body’s pH level is lowered.
Given all of these benefits of eating almonds, you must experiment with some delectable recipes using these superfoods.
Recipe Easy Turkey Curry
To make easy turkey curry following
- one chopped onion
- four fresh birds-eye chilies, seeded and diced
- One teaspoon of coriander seeds
- tsp tamarind paste
- One teaspoon of powdered sugar
- two bruised cloves of garlic
- One tiny knob of peeled and chopped ginger
- One tablespoon of sunflower oil for frying
- 500g/1lb 2oz sliced turkey breast
- Three thyme sprigs just leaves
- 14 fl oz/400 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml/5 fl oz stock for poultry or turkey
- Two big waxy potatoes, chopped and peeled
- 250g (9 oz) of freshly chopped spinach
- One bunch of freshly chopped coriander
- Whole peeled almonds, 50g/1¾oz
- Add the ginger to a blender or food processor along with the chopped onion, chilies, coriander seeds, tamarind, sugar, and one clove of garlic. Blend until a paste is formed by pulsing.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and, using the remaining clove of garlic and thyme, brown the turkey, working in batches if needed. Take the turkey out of the pan and throw away the garlic. Cook the blended paste in the same pan for a few minutes, then add the potatoes, coconut milk, and stock after the turkey has been back in the pan.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the turkey is cooked through, cook it gently for 20 minutes. Lastly, mix in the almonds, spinach, and fresh coriander, then reheat thoroughly. After removing from the heat, serve.
Dry fruits like badam and ajwa khajoor are the most popular in pakistan. They help fulfill the body to meet the body’s nutrition needs as they are packed with essential nutrients and minerals. Try delicious recipes like easy turkey curry to incorporate them into your diet.