The Healthy Living Center at Lee Health Coconut Point offers educational programs and services, yoga classes, an instructional kitchen, walking trails, gardens, and more to inspire healthy habits and wellness. This summer, the Healthy Living Center team will offer one-hour virtual classes that will be held over lunch to make their programs easily accessible to those who may not be able to travel to the Lee Health Coconut Point facility.
“We thought the virtual summer series would be a great way for us to keep in touch with our seasonal friends back up north, and scheduling the meeting at noon would allow people to focus on their health and wellness during lunch,” said Carrie Bloemers, Center for Healthy Living Director of Education and Navigation. “We’re also excited about a variety of topics — including sleep and breathing work, which are fundamental to a healthy lifestyle.”
The Virtual Summer Series will be held the following Wednesday from noon to 1pm. Here’s the schedule:
- June 14 – Balancing a Healthier Lifestyle; Presented by Ms. Jamie Hoover, Certified Health Coach
- June 28 – Superior sleep quality; presented by Ms. Jamie Hoover, Certified Health Coach
- July 12 – Fun in the Sun – Heat Exhaustion and Preventing Heat Stroke; Presented by Syndi Bultman, RN, MS, CEN, Injury Prevention Resource Coordinator, Lee Health Trauma Center
- July 26 – Acupuncture for Post-COVID-19 Symptoms; Presented by Ashley Donato, AP, L.Ac., Dipl. OM, MS, Board Certified Acupuncturist
- August 9 – Breath work; presented by yoga instructor Kiersten Cato
- August 23 – Five Things to Ask Your Primary Care Provider; presented by Juliana Odetunde, MD, family medicine physician
“Mark your calendar and visit https://tinyurl.com/HLCSummerSeries Sign up for sessions that resonate with you,” says Carrie.
In addition to the virtual summer series, Lee Health Coconut Point’s Healthy Living Center is offering additional in-person classes – view schedule www.LeeHealth.org/Events education and navigation teams are ready to help inspire and empower you to focus on your health and wellbeing.
more:Lee Health: Insider Tips for Participating in the Affordable Care Act
and:Lee Health: Hurricane Season – Making Sure You’re Medically Prepared
Larry Antonucci, MD, MBA is President and CEO of Lee Health, a premier healthcare destination in Southwest Florida offering acute care, critical care, rehabilitation and diagnostic services, health and wellness education, and out-of-community exhibition and publicity programs.access LeeHealth.org website learn more.
This news collected fromSource link